How to clean your Franke kitchen sink
A clean kitchen is a wonderful kitchen. That’s why we’ve specifically designed our products and systems for easy to maintenance. So you can feel comfortable and confident every time you use your kitchen. Learn the best way to keep your Franke products performing well and looking great.
General maintenance is wonderfully simple
Increase the lifespan of your Franke products and prevent the buildup of dirt and limescale. by simply wiping down your sink and worktop surface with a damp cloth and soapy water. This simple tip will keep your products looking great. Discover more top cleaning tips below.
Cleaning and caring for stainless steel
Our stainless steel sinks are made of premium chrome-nickel steel. This high-quality material makes our sinks eye-catching and resistant to stains, rust and corrosion. So we created Inox Cream specifically for the care and maintenance of this special material. This polish is easy to apply and can protect or restore the luster or your sink. Just spread a little on a damp cloth, rub it lightly onto the surface and allow it to set. Then just rinse it off with water and polish with a dry cloth.
Unless they’re very deep and unsightly, scratches on stainless steel surfaces aren’t always bad. In fact, over time, lots of small scratches can add an attractive matte look to your products. But in the event that you have a deep scratch that you want to care for, here’s what you can do: take a 3M Scotch-Brite pad and our white Inox Cream. Apply enough of the cream the cover the scratch and then wipe the area with your pad going with the grain of the surface. Once the scratch looks like it has been wiped away, rinse off any excess cream and clean the surface with a dry cloth.
Stubborn stains and rust
Any rust that appears on stainless steel is the result of iron particles coming from external sources. If you want to remove any rust stains from your products, we recommend using a cleaning agent containing oxalic acid (e.g. Bar Keepers Friend®). Always use mild, non-abrasive cleaning agents to remove stubborn stains from your stainless steel and make sure you thoroughly rinse away any cleaning liquids once finished. Oh, one more thing, when cleaning your stainless steel, NEVER USE STEEL WOOL PADS. We, and our stainless steel, thank you in advance.
What to avoid
- Bleaches containing hypochlorite
- Silver dip cleaners
- Leaving foods like citrus fruit juice, salt, vinegar, mustard, pickles and mayonnaise on your surface for prolonged periods. These foods can cause pitting and corrosion
- Strong acids like photo developing liquids or denture cleanser. If they come in contact with your sink, they should be washed away immediately with clean water
- Using steel wool pads
Caring for stainless steel grids
- Clean with mild soap and rinse after each use
- It’s ok to occasionally clean your grid by putting it on the top rack of your dishwasher
- The vinyl coating may melt when if it comes in contact with very hot utensils, pots or pans
- Avoid the use of scouring pads, abrasive cleaners, harsh detergents, vinyl solvents or substances containing hydrocarbons or ketones
- Prolonged contact with foods like berries, tea, coffee grounds, spaghetti sauce, etc. may stain the coating
Cleaning and caring for Fragranite sinks
Franke Granite Sinks are extremely durable and non-porous making them long-lasting and very hygienic. This also means cleaning them is quite simple too. Using a soapy nylon brush and scrubbing in circular motions will usually do the trick. Just remember to thoroughly wash away any extra soap left behind after cleaning.
For stubborn stains on granite, we recommend using any of these products: Soft Scrub®, Bar Keepers Friend®, dishwasher soap, white vinegar (best for limescale) or a mild bleach solution. For rust stains, we recommend using cleaning agents that contain oxalic acid (e.g. Bar Keepers Friend®). And always make sure you thoroughly rinse away any cleaning agents once you’ve finished.
What to avoid
- Strong alkalis like ammonia and caustic soda solution
- Drain unblocking chemicals that involve filling the sink with water should not be used
Cleaning and caring for sink mixers
Only clean Franke Sink Mixers with mild soap and a soft cloth. Ammonia-based products, or products containing vinegar, bleach, harsh antibacterial ingredients or abrasives will damage the finish and may invalidate your warranty.